Benefits to the Professional Educator:
Networking opportunities to share and learn from other educators in the home sewing industry.
- Educational opportunities to help expand personal business, technology and teaching skills, including knowledge of the home sewing industry.
- Become part of a mentoring process to encourage new individuals to make the home sewing industry a career, especially in sewing education.;
- Internet listing on website, including bio, photo, area of expertise, classes/workshops offered, location, link to your website or email, etc.
- Educator resource directory listing (through SDTA/VDTA -- imbedded in SQE Professional. This directory will be distributed to the sewing dealers and other related individuals in the industry.
- Opportunities for publication of articles in the SQE Professional.
- Hall of Fame Award, to one outstanding Professional Sewing Educator per year, as nominated and voted on by their peers.
- Proof of membership and status as a Professional Sewing Educator, and any benefits that may be entitled to the member.
- Ongoing support through the Sewing and Vacuum Dealers Trade Association, the only association for the independent sewing dealer nationwide, 2,200 members strong.
- The opportunity to be a recognized voice in the home sewing industry, amongst your fellow sewing educators, to thousands of independent dealers as well as with their respective manufacturers.
These are just a few of the benefits of belonging to the Sewing Educators Alliance. Please join us at one of the upcoming meetings, call 1-800-4-SEWING or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Speak with Judy Patterson about how you can participate.